Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertiable 15-cr0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My notebook: HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 15-cr0xxx
Hardrive/SSD 1 Primary HDD Ba*, Model: Toshiba MQ04ABF100. Serial Number: 481PP213T
Hard Drive/SSD Short DST check: failed
Failure ID: U8DWL3-97TA85-GXGJ2J-60VM03

I received this message after the symptom test. I can still start my computer but I hope to get it fixed. Please explain to me
1) How do I know if I can fix my hard drive problem by either resetting it, or simply replacing a new physical hard drive?

2) If I can save my computer by resetting it, will it be necessary for me to delete all my previous files?
Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@FunnyTummy0020 

To answer your questions ...

You can not repair a failing drive, you have to replace it.

A system reset will accomplish nothing to address this because that is only software and this is a hardware failure.

A system reset is most likely to erase all the files, so you will lose everything in the process.

Once you have the replacement drive, read this information about HP Cloud Recovery:

If your PC is a 2016 model or newer, you should see if you can make a bootable USB recovery drive using the HP cloud recovery tool on a working PC.

The recovery drive can then be used to install Win10 and the HP drivers and utilities that originally came with your PC.

Here is the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.