cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hard Drive/SSD Short DST Check: Failed

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertiable 15-cr0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My notebook: HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 15-cr0xxx
Hardrive/SSD 1 Primary HDD Ba*, Model: Toshiba MQ04ABF100. Serial Number: 481PP213T
Hard Drive/SSD Short DST check: failed
Failure ID: U8DWL3-97TA85-GXGJ2J-60VM03

I received this message after the symptom test. I can still start my computer but I hope to get it fixed. Please explain to me
1) How do I know if I can fix my hard drive problem by either resetting it, or simply replacing a new physical hard drive?

2) If I can save my computer by resetting it, will it be necessary for me to delete all my previous files?
Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Level 16
Level 16
27,084 27,012 2,467 5,867
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@FunnyTummy0020 

To answer your questions ...

You can not repair a failing drive, you have to replace it.

A system reset will accomplish nothing to address this because that is only software and this is a hardware failure.

A system reset is most likely to erase all the files, so you will lose everything in the process.

Once you have the replacement drive, read this information about HP Cloud Recovery:

If your PC is a 2016 model or newer, you should see if you can make a bootable USB recovery drive using the HP cloud recovery tool on a working PC.

The recovery drive can then be used to install Win10 and the HP drivers and utilities that originally came with your PC.

Here is the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation