2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard reset on a 14-d004au

14-d004au
Linux

Hi,

I seem to have corrupt bios.  I was setting up the system with Xubuntu 16.04 so I went into the bios settings to change it from "Legacy" to "UEFI with CMS" after I saved it and rebooted it went to a blank screen with the backlight on.  Since then I've gone through the hard reset proceedures posted here using the external method with both of the bios versions posted. So far nothing has worked but it is accessing the usb drive and the screen backlight does come on and off but only in the early stages of the process.  After that, nothing!

I've tried holding the "win" key and "b" for several minutes so I'm fairly sure I'm not letting go too early.  No flashing lights or beeps!

So is this the right proceedure?  Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
3798 201 432
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @curt54,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with BIOS. I will be glad to help you.

Please look at the document for HP BIOS Application Selected Is Corrupt or Missing.

Note HP only supports Windows 8 or Windows 10 on this computer.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :)

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
curt54 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your responce.

The reason I came to the forum was that I needed to reset the bios, the OS isn't a factor.  The link you referenced is the same link I did but unfortunately the proceedure doesn't work.  So the question still stands.

Does this proceedure apply to my specific model?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3798 201 432
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @curt54,

The last item in the post is a link to Restoring the BIOS.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation