Tablet won't turn on. Tried the manufacture reset but it won't come out the startup screen. Tried the volume + and pwr button to wipe clean as well. Still no luck.
Hi! @JR1032, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!
I understand you have issues booting into your tablet.
Don't worry I'll try to help you out.
Did you make any changes to your tablet?
As you mentioned you have issues booting into your tablet.
Try the steps recommended below.
In order to kill this error, you need to boot into the recovery menu of your Android smartphone.
Hold Volume up + Power button this will bring up the bootloader and then you can choose the recovery mode to boot into.
Once you are in the recovery mode, use Volume Up and Down keys to navigate to “Mount System/Cache” option and then press Power button to select it.
Once done, navigate to Wipe Cache Partition option in the recovery using Volume Up/Down and then press power key and wipe it.
After wiping cache, reboot your tablet.
It should boot up fine now. In case if it doesn’t, go back to recovery mode again, once again select Mount System/Cache and then reboot your tablet.
Refer this article to know more information about restoring the tablet back to factory settings.
If the issue still persists after trying out the steps.
Please contact HP support for servcie options.
Link to contact HP.
If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.
Let me know if this Helps.
Have a wonderful day ahead! :)
Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!
I am an HP Employee
@JR1032, Thanks for your quick response and time.
I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.
As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.
Try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.
1. Download the update.zip file to your computer.
2. Copy the update.zip file into a microSD card. Do not rename or unzip this file.
3. Fully charge the tablet, and then disconnect the power from the device.
4. Power off the device.
5. Insert the microSD memory card into the reader slot.
6. Press and hold the volume up button and power button at the same time.
7. When the HP logo appears on the screen, release all the buttons.
8. When the Android system recovery menu appears, use the volume down button to highlight "apply update from external storage."
9. Press the power button to validate "apply update from external storage."
10. Use the volume down button to highlight the software recovery file, update.zip.
11. Press the power button to select the update.zip file and launch the recovery.
NOTE: Wait until the entire recovery process finishes. The device might seem unresponsive at times (multiple reboots and black screens) when it is performing the update.
When the update is complete, the Android screen displays the message at the bottom of the screen, "Install from external storage complete."
12. Press the power button to select, "reboot system now."
Download the restore image for your tablet using this link.
Hope this helps!
Take Care! :)
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee