Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (125 Views)

Have "ink system has failed" message on my HP Photosmart C5180 printer. Changed all ink cartridges

Product Name: HP Photosmart C5180 All in one
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have an "ink system has failed.  Unable to print.  Error Oxc18a0001" message on my printer.  Have changed all ink cartridges and still get the same message.  Don't have the printer manual and haven't been able to diagnose through the HP website.  Suggestions?????

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (98 Views)

Re: Have "ink system has failed" message on my HP Photosmart C5180 printer. Changed all ink cartr...

@ladyhawk37

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. Smiley Happy I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you have an HP Photosmart C5180 All-in-One Printer. I read that the printer displays an "ink system has failed" error with an error code Oxc18a0001. You have replaced all ink cartridges and the issue persists. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

The evidence points towards the printer. However, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

If the issue still persists then please contact our HP phone support team to explore the hardware service options for your printer.

Hope this helps. Feel free to keep me posted for any further queries. Good luck! Smiley Happy

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (69 Views)

Re: Have "ink system has failed" message on my HP Photosmart C5180 printer. Changed all in

This is for MKazi--thanks for your response--but I tried what you suggested and it did not work!  I'm thinking I just may have to take the printer in to a shop and see what they say.  I'm bummed because the printer was working fine one minute and the next item I wanted to print, I got this "Ink system failure" message and nothing I've done will fix it.  I just feel like I'm overlooking some simple remedy! 

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (40 Views)

Re: Have "ink system has failed" message on my HP Photosmart C5180 printer. Changed all ink cartr...

@ladyhawk37

You're most welcome.

I hope the printer works fine again. But the evidence points towards a hardware issue.

You may still check and keep me posted for any further assistance. 

Good luck! Smiley Happy

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation