Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
x360 Spectre 13-ap0033dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I’m basically making this post so I can get my concern “escalated to an agent”.

The issue is the same that so many others seem to get with the spectres — eventually the power jack stops working and you can’t charge the laptop anymore. None of the solutions posted worked for me so I’ll have to get in contact with HP and send it in like others. HP offers to replace the motherboard for $700 but some people have been able to haggle that down to $300 and some free (even out of warranty like mine is, bought February 2019, examples are linked below). 

There’s a lot of  threads on this specific problem both on the HP forums and Reddit.  I’ll link a few from here.  Thank you to anyone that can assist me. 

Similar threads:

HP Spectre x360 will not charge nor boot (this thread is 6 pages btw) 

HP Spectre battery plugged in but not charging 

Spectre not charging (a user here was able to get it replaced for free out of warranty) 

HP Spectre x360 plugged in but not charging 

Spectre x360 stopped charging 

I could post like 10 more but you get the idea.  Here’s a Google search:

HP spectre battery not charging (Google search) 

And there’s even more on Reddit detailing the same issue.  If someone could help me, I’d greatly appreciate it. My spectre is out of warranty (bought Feb 2019) but as you can see people have been able to get theirs fixed for free or discounted with the same issue.  My schooling starts January 25.  I hope this can be resolved by then.  I paid $1300 for my Spectre. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If my issue could be escalated to an agent it would be greatly appreciated. Even just a number I could call and share this thread with somehow.  Any kind of assistance would be great. Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Gus49

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.