Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy (E7A75EA)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

I've just updated the firmware on my 2014 Envy (device code E7A75EA) to 'F.68 Rev.A' from HP Support and now it will not boot!  Instead all I get is a blank screen and the caps-lock flashing twice (which I'm told means corrupt BIOS!)

I followed the instructions carefully and no error message appeared in Windows, but when the laptop restarted it failed to load Windows and just gets stuck on this blank screen.  I've tried removing power cord/battery, and then holding down the power button for 1 minute but this hasn't helped.

Can I boot to USB/CD and flash back the old firmware (v43 I think)?

Please help!  :Crying:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It's alive!! :OpenSmile:

I removed the CMOS battery, powered up the laptop (it booted into Windows), shutdown, reattached the CMOS battery and it continues to boot correctly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Anyone?  This is totally unacceptable, my laptop is completely useless now!! :Crying:

I've tried creating a BIOS boot USB device (http://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c00042629) but the laptop will not boot from the USB, nothing happens!

Thanks,

M.

HP Recommended

It's alive!! :OpenSmile:

I removed the CMOS battery, powered up the laptop (it booted into Windows), shutdown, reattached the CMOS battery and it continues to boot correctly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.