Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Stream Laptop PCX7S46UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Hello! My laptop is a HP Steam Laptop PC and it won't correctly boot up ever since a failed attempt to reset. When I try to boot it up, it shows the beginning set up screen then goes black and turns off, it continues doing that over and over. Any way I can make it stop and work normally again?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@xdestiny28

Thanks for the reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

• Perform system recovery.
  • Click here and follow the last step to perform system recovery.
  • If that does not work contact HP Phone support to obtain recovery media.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@xdestiny28

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that your HP notebook does not start. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• When did this issue start?
  • Did you do any hardware or software changes?

Meanwhile:

• Perform a hard reset.
  • Run the System Diagnostics tests.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Click here to refer the document and perform troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This issue started 2 days ago, and before the issue began I was doing a hard reset on the notebook laptop.
HP Recommended

@xdestiny28

Thanks for the reply.

Run System Diagnostics test to check the hardware functionality.

Click here and follow the second step to run diagnostics.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I ran all of the test I can find by F2 on ESC and all have positive feedback, I also tried to do the BIOS update and rollback. Nothing occurred to neither of these.
Also, as of the link it directs me to an instructional setup for a printer although I have a HP Notebook Laptop.
HP Recommended

@xdestiny28

Thanks for the reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

• Perform system recovery.
  • Click here and follow the last step to perform system recovery.
  • If that does not work contact HP Phone support to obtain recovery media.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
The issue from before has resolved, although now there's another issue where it says "Preparing Windows" while I try to log into the notebook. Once it stops loading, the screen ends up turning black with only the mouse symbol showing.
If I try to do CTRL + ALT + DELETE it shows the options still, just won't let me see the screen of the laptop.
HP Recommended

@xdestiny28

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate you taking your valuable time to troubleshoot.

I'm replying to you on behalf of sandytechy20 as He is out of the office today. 

I read that the previous issue got resolved but now after the "preparing Windows" message when you try to login, it stops and a black screen appears with a mouse pointer. 

Let me know if you have performed a full system recovery as suggested in the previous post by sandytechy20. If you have already performed a system recovery and issue still persists then I recommend you to try performing a system recovery using the recovery media. It is quite possible that the recovery partition is corrupt.  

You may either obtain the recovery media from the HP website or through HP phone support

Please feel free to ask any questions ou may have. All the best! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.