Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Help with black screen on start up and freezing

Pavilion G6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

So whenever I start up my hp pavilion g6 the screen stays black and I get the blink code on the caps lock key, I have researched this and found out that it was either a board system failure or a cpu not functional.  I have reseated my memory modules to see if that would work, it didnt. I have tried starting up from bios menu and running the memory and hard drive test,  but everytime this happens my computer freezes and I have to restart because it never unfreezes. This happens every single time I try to launch in safe mode or repair mode and I cant do anything about it. I have attempted to system restore off of repair mode but everytime I get close to it an error pops up asking to disable drivers and how it has been canceled to prevent damage to my computer. I cannot do anything about fixing the first problem because the freezing problem doesnt allow me. I have also tried running the diagnostics off of the bios but again the freezing thing stops it. Someone please help 

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
16542 16275 953 2192
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Help with black screen on start up and freezing

Hi @Alexsf171,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I have read about your HP Pavilion g6 Notebook not starting and the led lights indicate that it is a memory module issue. Checking this i see the only way to tell if it is the Memory is to try removing one at a time and try the test. 

I could give exact memory modules if i could have your product number.

Please let me know.

If this post helps you to resolve the issue you can click the Thumbs up icon to show gratitude! 

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation