Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Think book
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Screenshot_20210620_092501.jpg

 i have updated my laptop to latest windows and after they told me to restart i got this screen , i then forced stop by pressing the power button , then again i updated my laptop and got this same problem and nw it was not going even if i forced restart . Then i tried to install new windows 10 using usb boot but now a new problem has occurred it restarts automatically wen i select boot from usb, it boots and as soon as the windows 10 sign appears it restarts , i have nw installed windows 7 and it is working properly bt as soon as i try to install windows 10 from usb boot it restarts and its quite irritating

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@HRITHIKbafna 

It's a really BAD idea to force the newest version of Windows 10 onto an older Win7-era laptop because Microsoft has been raising the hardware requirements with every release of Windows 10 and when they did the free upgrades years ago, the Win7 PCs mostly had the hardware needed, but now, not so much.

I would try for an older version -- build 19042.1052 -- which you try downloading using this tutorial I wrote:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/Getting-older-builds-of-Windows-10-from-Micro...

If that does not work, then try build 19041.1052 -- and even older version of Windows 10.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Actually i have 2 more pbs , i cannot detect my camera in windows 7 not in the device manager also, and my lan is nt showing nythng in windows 7, Can u help sir

HP Recommended

@HRITHIKbafna 

Do not add more issues to the same thread -- it makes it very hard to track results.  Instead, since these other issues are unrelated to the one for this thread, open a new post for them.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.