Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
E1TO3EA
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hi has a password on my laptop that has tried all different passwords what can you do does not reset the password either. on reset password says this feature requires a removable medium, example a usb memory connect a usb flash memory and then try again./Jimmy

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@JimmyA3 

The reference to the USB stick is to a password reset stick -- that you did not make.  It wants you to boot from that and then change the password -- which clearly, you can not do since you did not make that stick.

Sorry, forum policies prevent us from telling you the details on how to bypass the password on the PC.

But ... if you do some Googling online, you can probably find sources that will let you download an ISO file which you could then use to create a reset disk.

Once you have the downloaded file, download and install RUFUS and use the option to create a bootable USB stick from the ISO file.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.