Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP- P011977153
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there! Can you help me.  Work laptop is stuck on this screen.  The key I get after entering wrong password 3 times is 67895296.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@kingpaul1

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that the laptop is stuck and cannot boot because of the incorrect passwords. Based on the key information you provided, it sounds like the BIOS password is locked.  I'll be glad to provide information in this case.

In order to get the laptop's BIOS password unlocked, you would have to contact HP for a hardware service as the motherboard may require a tattoo/Bios Flash.  Any other way of unlocking the BIOS is not authorized by HP.  

Hope this information helps. Keep me posted for any further questions. Take care! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@kingpaul1

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that the laptop is stuck and cannot boot because of the incorrect passwords. Based on the key information you provided, it sounds like the BIOS password is locked.  I'll be glad to provide information in this case.

In order to get the laptop's BIOS password unlocked, you would have to contact HP for a hardware service as the motherboard may require a tattoo/Bios Flash.  Any other way of unlocking the BIOS is not authorized by HP.  

Hope this information helps. Keep me posted for any further questions. Take care! 🙂

HP Recommended
Thanks for the advise. Right now it's fixed but for further problems about the same I will keep you informed. Also I have another HP laptop probook 6450, core i5 if I don't put a laptop desk fan under it. And maybe a desk small side fan it heats to much and shut down. Yet the internal fan works. Any solution for that, because I am afraid that one day it may not wake up. And also the HDMI port is off
HP Recommended

@kingpaul1

You're welcome. You've been fabulous to work with considering your superb technical skills, remarkable patience and great attitude. Kudos to you for that.

I'd love to assist you with your HP Probook However, this forums thread is for HP's consumer products only. I suggest you to create a new forums thread for the HP Probook and it will be routed to the concerned team which can help you.

Feel free to keep us posted for any further questions. Take care! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.