Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion cs3xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi ,

I have purchased a new Laptop HP Pavilion cs3xxx. But I am not being able to get the hibernate option in the Power menu.

Please do suggest a tip to enable that option in my power menu.

Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Bins1974

Run SFC scan

System File Checker is a utility in Windows 10 that checks for problems with files on your computer. To run it, follow these steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Command Prompt, and right-click or press and hold Command Prompt (Desktop app) from the list of results. Select Run as administrator, and then select Yes.
  • Type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the space before each "/"), and then press Enter. (Note: This step may take a few minutes to start and up to 30 minutes to complete.)
  • After you see a message that says "The operation completed successfully," type sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/") and press Enter.
  • After you see a message that says, "Verification 100% complete," type exit.
  • Check for the issue.

If this feature was working fine before, perform a system restore. Refer to this document to know how.

If the issue persists, perform a system recovery.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Bins1974, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Check for any pending windows update. Reboot the computer. 

To enable Hibernate in Windows 10, type: power options into the Search box and hit Enter, or select the result from the top.

From the left column select Choose what the power buttons do.

sshot-2

Next, if options are grayed out, select Change settings that are currently unavailable.

Scroll down and check the Hibernate box, and after that make sure to save your settings.

sshot-4

Now when you open the Start menu and select the Power button, the Hibernate option will be available.

If the issue persists, 

Press the Windows Key+X > Windows Powershell (Admin)
Copy the below line by selecting it and CTRL+C and paste into Powershell and Enter
powercfg /hibernate on
Copy the below line by selecting it and CTRL+C and paste into Powershell and Enter
powercfg /h /type full

Restart the computer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Sir,

Thanks for the above mention tip to unlock hibernate option.

In the shutdown settings there are only two options

1. Sleep 

2.Lock....

And I tried in the windows Powershell (Admin) too.

its showing

The following items are preventing hibernation on this system

an internal system component has disabled hibernation. (Guarded Host)

Please do help me with this.

Thank You..

HP Recommended

@Bins1974

Run SFC scan

System File Checker is a utility in Windows 10 that checks for problems with files on your computer. To run it, follow these steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Command Prompt, and right-click or press and hold Command Prompt (Desktop app) from the list of results. Select Run as administrator, and then select Yes.
  • Type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the space before each "/"), and then press Enter. (Note: This step may take a few minutes to start and up to 30 minutes to complete.)
  • After you see a message that says "The operation completed successfully," type sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/") and press Enter.
  • After you see a message that says, "Verification 100% complete," type exit.
  • Check for the issue.

If this feature was working fine before, perform a system restore. Refer to this document to know how.

If the issue persists, perform a system recovery.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank You Sir,

It gave an perfect output.

Now i got hibernate option in my power menu.

Thank You Once Again

HP Recommended

@Bins1974

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.