Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How can I switch off the RST in the BIOS on the HP Omen 15-dg0950nd or 15-dh1590nd?

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello @wlamee 

Can you please tell me your BIOS version

I only need this bios version, please do not write any other information publicly.

https://www.howtogeek.com/196916/how-to-check-your-bios-version-and-update-it/

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

For the HP Omen 15-dg0950nd it's "AMI F.15, 8/4/2021", currently the (only and) latest available BIOS file for this computer on the HP software and driver downloads for this device.

HP Recommended

Hello @wlamee 

Step 2

I want to know the product number (p/n) of your laptop, to dive a little deeper into this problem.

The product number (p/n) is legally allowed information, just about the computer, no sensitive data.

It is allowed to post in public, no problem.

Please open powershell console and send me output of the following command:

( please select/copy and paste (right click) the command into the powershell console )

Get-WmiObject win32_computersystem | Select-Object SystemSKUNumber

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

That would be 7WB66EA#ABH

HP Recommended

Hello @wlamee 

- What do you want to do ?

- Linux installation?

- Please give me more details why you need this.

- Screenshots, error messages, logs

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

I wish to make the HP Omen either dual boot or Ubuntu only, and in the BIOS/UEFI I cannot disable RST or switch it off.

I've tried Ubuntu versions back to 14 LTS as well as the latest 22 LTS, but all of them complained about the RST and wouldn't allow me to install Ubuntu. This unfortunately makes this pricey bit of kit a Windows-only box.

The Ubuntu 22.04 LTS installer stops at a 'Turn off RST' window with a QR code and some text referring to help.ubuntu.com/rst and three buttons 'Quit'. 'Back' and 'Restart'. There does not seem to be an option to ignore and continue the installer.

HP Recommended

Hello @wlamee 

I can understand your problems. I recommend you to read this, take your time:

https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/ubuntu-installation-on-computers-with-intel-r-rst-enabled/15347

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

I have already found that page and it doesn't help, because the given options are 'Turning RST off completely in BIOS', which I can not do on the HP Omen and the second option, with the registry edits followed by a reboot, does not make the AHCI IDE/ATAPI controller appear. Windows still boots normally after this and even if I uninstall the RST driver from the Windows Device Manager it's back under the Storage Controllers at the next reboot (and Windows boot without issues).

So please do let me know how to disable the Intel RST in this HP Omen's BIOS.

HP Recommended

Hello @wlamee 

I will check ... and get back to you

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.