Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My PC (HP pavilion - 14-al110TX) was suddenly shut down and couldn't be ON (did not receive power from the adaptor). The computer technician has diagnosed it as a problem with BIOS. The original BIOS available on the motherboard is DA0G7AMB6D1. Who can help me how to get the BIOS DA0G7AMB6D1 for my PC?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Takele 

The " computer technician" has not diagnosed the problem correctly.

If the power LED does not light up when the power adapter is plugged in, that means there is either a problem with the power adapter or the VCore on the system board. The power LED lighting up is a hardware diagnostic that  means power is OK.

That is a hardware issue and has nothing to do with the BIOS. 
Think about this: You can't make changes to the  laptop's current BIOS if a notebook won't power on at all. So what good would even having the ROM file do for you?

I highly recommend that you find another shop to repair your laptop. The one you have is leading you down a rabbit hole.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.