Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp 14s er0002tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have installed Kingston 250GB PCIe NVMe ssd in my laptop I successfully cloned my os to ssd but I unable to boot from ssd as there is no option in boot order to select  ssd as primary drive only my preinstalled Toshiba 1tb HDD visible.

Kindly resolve my issue so that I can boot from SSD .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

As my problem resolved I reinstalled win 10 in SSD using recovery drive now my Laptop speeds becomes superfast.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Skr29 

There are two very different issues using NVMe SSDs -- reading and booting.  Win10 has built-in NVMe drivers, so if it can see the SSD, it can read/write it.  But, your PC has to be running in UEFI mode in order to boot from NMVe.  You can tell that by going into the BIOS/UEFI options (F10 when you reboot) and looking at the screens.  IF they are UEFI, they will be graphical and clearly state that.  If they are text, they are BIOS -- and you won't be able to boot from the NVMe disk.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for suggestion@WAWood

HP Recommended

As my problem resolved I reinstalled win 10 in SSD using recovery drive now my Laptop speeds becomes superfast.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.