cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

How to confirm BIOS ROM family and Version on HP 550 notebook

HP Recommended

Hi

HP Support for my HP 550 says its ROM family is 68MVU and gives version F.00 May 23 2008.

It also says: "NOTE: To determine the ROM family and ROM date, press F10 on the target notebook during startup to run the Setup Utility, and then view File/System Information"

Yet when I get to File/System Information it only gives ROM Date 08/20/2008 and ROM BIOS Version F.02, and NOT the ROM Family.

I can find no reference to any F.02 for ROM Family 68MVU, but I can for other families, so either:

1) The ROM Family IS 68MVU and by updating I'll have to go back to F.00 for some reason OR

2) The ROM Family is NOT 68MVU and I might trash the BIOS by trying to upgrade

Can anyone help me confirm my ROM Family for this HP 550?

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was able to confirm my BIOS ROM family by running the following in command prompt (also works from Windows system recovery CD):

wmic baseboard get product

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation