tusharRawat
Level 1
8 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

How to do custom install of windows 10 in hp-bf125tx

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What are the steps required to custom install the windows 10 from USB drive, in hp bf125tx using BIOS.

please help

3 REPLIES 3
PiterGeek
Level 5
363 361 10 30
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You will need to be connected to the Internet while performing a custom install. You will need to create a bootable Windows 10 installation USB (The USB you use must be created for the same UEFI or Legacy BIOS currently used by Windows).

This tutorial below will show you step by step on how to do a custom install of Windows 10 on your PC.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/120352-custom-install-windows-10-a.html

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
tusharRawat
Author
Level 1
8 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did custom installation of windows 10 using external bootable USB drive by burning windows ISO files into it.

Now the C: drive partitions size is 404GB/503GB but I could not access the folder windows.old\user\Tushar. 

And when I checking the size of this folder this is showing me 0kb. How is that possible even after performing every step as mentioned in the post, how come I still lost my data.

And If I lost all data in windows.old\user\Tushar, how come the size of C: partition is still 404GB filled out of 503GB.

I am confused what exactly lost what exactly got preserved ?
Please help me recover my data.

PiterGeek
Level 5
363 361 10 30
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is it possible for you to restart into the recovery environment then perform a system restore?

Here is how you can do it.

• Press Control + Alt + Delete
  • Hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen.
  • Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart.
  • Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears.
  • Click Troubleshoot
  • Click Advanced Options
  • Click System Restore, see if you can go back to an earlier time.

If not, perform the startup repair a couple more times then restart again to see if you are able to boot to the desktop successfully.

Always keep in mind that never have only 1 copy of important files, like family pics & videos. The more copies you have of them on separate devices then the less likely you are to lose them.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation