Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
J9M33UA#ABA

Purchased this HP from a Pawn Shop and found that after boot it required an "Administrator Password or Power On Password" I've been all over Google for two days now and can't find a realistic solution to fix this. After three incorrect submits the System Disabled error code I receive is [i 50937856 ] 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Salluviniq 

The information I provide is what is required by HP policy -- as is the link -- which is why it is always the same.

We're no longer allowed to provide phone numbers in posts because folks have been harvesting those, changing them, and then using the changed number to scam HP customers.

There ARE ways to get around passwords, but we are not permitted to provide those -- or links to where they can be found.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Salluviniq 

Disable codes do not work anymore.

Sorry, but by Community policy, we are no longer allowed to provide any assistance with password reset or recovery.

Here is the HP Policy: Participation:
4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

For BIOS and Power-On password resets, read this HP thread: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06368824.

For Admin and Windows password resets, you have to contact your regional HP Customer Support location directly for assistance.
Goto this page https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

HP Recommended

See, I've read that a couple times as well in the numbered posts similar to my situation, and seems too vague to satisfy me. I believe it's a signature of sorts in your response stating your a volunteer, i can't see how if you knew how to approach the situation would put anyone in a legally questionable situation. I could also be completely wrong, i don't want it to seem aggressive or ignorant, I'm just asking questions. Your link (thank you by the way) just took me in circles, I've not been able to find any phone number anywhere for Support on this matter, or at all in actuality. I just feel like there's someone i can contact somewhere in regards to second hand purchases and a non security threating solution, but again i could be completely wrong. I'll try both of the links again, but if you or anyone else that see this had a number i can directly call that would be very very helpful and appreciated

HP Recommended

@Salluviniq 

The information I provide is what is required by HP policy -- as is the link -- which is why it is always the same.

We're no longer allowed to provide phone numbers in posts because folks have been harvesting those, changing them, and then using the changed number to scam HP customers.

There ARE ways to get around passwords, but we are not permitted to provide those -- or links to where they can be found.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.