Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15- bs662tu

Windows 10 is preinstalled and I would like to install Windows 7 also in it, could anyone please help me how to do it step by step on this?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello, for begin I need to tell you your laptop has any driver for Windows 7, so this system can work very bad, and it is possible your computer can't boot an a Windows 7 media. Do you have a Windows 7 media to try if you can boot to it?? 

Before this, I recommend to you create an HP Recovery kit from HP Recovery Manager, and backup all your datas because a dual-boot is a "risked" operation and you can brick your Windows (need to reinstall) if an operation fail.

When this operations are OK, you can try to boot on your Windows 7 media (not install for the moment), just for see if you can to boot to this media. For this you need to disable secure boot: 

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c04784866

And for boot to an external media, you need to reboot your PC taping F9 key and select your media source for boot. 

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.