Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
we-llC Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to reset unknown bios administrator password

Pavilion J7V75AAR
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

voicemail-7.m4a

Bought thru Walmart online or Walmart.com hp for warranty
First hp laptop for $279 July 2015 then realized I needed bitlocker
to open bitlocker encrypted sd memory so returned fourteen days later but extended warranty unable to return so lost $64
Second hp laptop for $485.01 August 2015 per Walmart I should contact hp support as web page on Walmart stated Windows 8.1 professional but hp laptop delivered had Windows 8.1 home, laptop refurbished amd a-12 processor with 16 Gb ram and a one terabyte hard drive model number started with J3 with touch display but actual part number is J7V75AAR, 720p display, hp 15z-p100 CTO without touch display. J7V75AAR supposed to have ninety days warranty and registered but warranty never has been shown nor has the identify computer download ever worked but got Walmart extended warranty that I could not return has been applied to J7V75AAR so it has multiple year warranty. I have tenatively discovered the laptop is from Uruguay, South America. I have found in hp spares a TPM and I want to know if it can be installed into the J7V75AAR? Can I get an install of Windows professional or a working recovery set of Windows professional with hp drivers? My laptop was bought because it supposedly came with Windows professional. I need the checksum numeric value for both administrator and user passwords for the bios to reset the startup password so I can boot into Windows as I have been away from my laptop for more than a month so I don't remember the laptop startup password. I do not understand how I made the same mistake on both entries of administration bios password but what I recorded does not work! I have entered the password to system disabled four separate times and here are the checksums: DCCE2035, 9EF7FB19, 1227FABC, 7C0826B1 .
Thank you,

P.s. Please send all responses to [personal information removed] as it does not get much email so I will be able to find your response to my bios question!

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
3798 201 431
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to reset unknown bios administrator password

Hi @we-llC ,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with Windows 8.1 password. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue.

Please look at the following document.

How to Recover Your Forgotten Password (Windows 8).

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :)

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation