Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
D7Z60PC#ACJ, HP PAVILION G4 1303AU NOTEBOOK
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello dear sir/madam I have pavilion g4 1303au notebook pc i have upgrade this pc ram, ssd & os windows10 so i want to change the drives mbr to gpt for fast response but his bios has lagecy support i am not able to seen any advanced option in bios to change bios lagecy to uefi so plese help me how to upgrade bios lagecy to uefi mode 

Regarding for me solution 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello
this is not what will significantly improve the pc!
There is a significant risk, an error or a problem and the pc may be unusable!
The only solution is to have a bios update, and very little luck with an old pc
to see therefore:

About UEFI and the Startup Menu

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-g4-1300-notebook-pc-series/5186805

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Sir i have attached the image of bios in my notebook here are Details of my pc as model no serial no my pc name so please find them sir plese help me 20200119_121310.jpg

HP Recommended

Sir also i want to help my device manager is no showing system firmware folder why my pc not showing this i am operating windows 10 in my pc hp pavilion g4 1303au notebook so how to enable system firmware and how to update them

HP Recommended

The model and product number is not what you gave in title?
D7Z60PC # ACJ, HP PAVILION G4 1303AU NOTEBOOK
sorry i don't understand anything

@Paul_Tikkanen  or @WAWood  @erico  can help ?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hp pavilion g4 1303au notebook pc HP product no.P / N:D7Z60PC#ACJ  this is my pc model and product no.

HP Recommended

Hi, @SatishRaj11 

What you want to do is not possible on your model.

You need to have a g4-2200 or newer to have a UEFI BIOS.

You cannot update a non-UEFI BIOS to UEFI.

HP Recommended
  1. Sir any trick and idea that I have switch to my ssd MBR to GPT and SATA to AHCI
HP Recommended

Sir how to check that my system support uefi because my device manager not showing system firmware hardware 

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, you cannot convert the disk to GPT and have it work as a boot disk.

As a storage disk yes, as a boot disk, no.

As far as AHCI is concerned, the drive controller your notebook has is set to AHCI by default.

Ignore any programs that are telling you that it is not.

Your SSD has full TRIM support in its current configuration and is running at its fastest possible speed.

I'm not sure what SATA speed your notebook runs the drive at.  It may only be SATA II.

I have zipped up and attached a free utility below, that will tell you what SATA speed your SSD is running at.

Run the program and close out of the summary report window.

On the left side of the program window, click on the Drives section.

Click to expand the (S)ATA/ATAPI drives.

Click on your model SSD.

On the right side of the window, the first report will tell you the drive speed and the drive controller speed.

In a perfect world you will see this...Drive Controller: Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s

If your notebook only has a SATA II controller then it will report this...Drive Controller: Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 3Gb/s

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.