Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: elitebook 9470m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, can somebody help me with my Elitebook 9470m 

. I don t remember my bios password, is there any chance to restore it without changing any chip ? 
Thank you ! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ionuthim 

The answer is basically NO.

Also, the chip is soldered to the motherboard, not socketed, so changing it is not a simple mater of swapping chips.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Ionuthim 

The answer is basically NO.

Also, the chip is soldered to the motherboard, not socketed, so changing it is not a simple mater of swapping chips.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Thank you for your reply, I found a program which basically do factory reset for bios. 

Have a nice day  ! 

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm interested in this program. Could you please mention its name and where you got it? Many thx!

HP Recommended

Hello, the program is called pc cmos cleaner, but, my laptop has the password saved into EEPROM so, it didn't work after I installed it .

Have a nice day ! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.