Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

Hp Envy 13 kaby lake freezes/interupts a bit while browsing and then freezez permanently.

HP Recommended
HP ENVY Notebook 13-ab0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hp Envy 13 i7 kaby lake freezes/interupts a bit while browsing and then freezez permanently. The only option then is restart by pressing the power button for long. This is a new laptop only one month old. This problem has happened multiple times in the past few days, i have updated every driver. Waiting for your help.

Kind regards,

Saad

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,165 2,451
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi  @Saad12-

Welcome to the HP community.  A very good day to you. 🙂 I understand that your new computer freezes while browsing the internet. It will be a genuine pleasure to assist you

Stupendous description and spectacular analysis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂  .  You are a valued HP customer and it is a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

First off, we need to isolate the issue to being hardware or software related which is very important.

For better clarity and to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• Did this happen after a windows or software update? Do you remember?
  • Did you run diagnostics on the computer to check for hardware failures?
  • Have you tried multiple browsers to isolate the issue further? Which browser does it freeze on?
  • Does it freeze randomly while opening other programs, or during start up or shut down also?
  • Please let me know the complete model# of the unit to assist you better.
  • For a start, please run the complete system diagnostics on the computer from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259 and follow the option “Running the UEFI System Tests”. Please ensure to perform complete system diagnostics. That is very important. It takes 2 hours to run. If any component fails and reports a failure code please make a note of it. You’ll then need to contact HP phone support to get the unit serviced.

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

If the diagnostics pass, which will be great, then please try these steps:

Please reset your current browser.

Then check again. If it continues to freeze, please perform a system restore to a good known working date before the issue started from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545

and follow the option “Restore your computer when Windows cannot start normally”

Then check if the freezing stops. Please keep me posted. I will keep a watch for your reply.

Please try with a different browser like Google Chrome or Firefox and check if the issue persists

I will keep a watch for your response. Please keep me posted.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear David,

Thanks for your reply. The problem is continuing, following are answers to your questions:

For better clarity and to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• Did this happen after a windows or software update? Do you remember?

I can't be sure because when i started exploring this laptop i faced this problem, i update my windows regularly.

• Did you run diagnostics on the computer to check for hardware failures?

I ran the diagnostics (quick and long one), bothe diagnostics give no error and result is passed.

• Have you tried multiple browsers to isolate the issue further? Which browser does it freeze on?

I extensively face this problem when i use chrome (on battery) and now after you message i tried few days with firefox, it gives the same problem while playing youtube and opening 3 or 4 tabs, it stucks.

• Does it freeze randomly while opening other programs, or during start up or shut down also?

It happens when using internet and browsen is open specialy when battery is below 50 percent.

• Please let me know the complete model# of the unit to assist you better.

Serial # 5CG6503LWV

Product # Y5U92EA#ABH

• For a start, please run the complete system diagnostics on the computer from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259 and follow the option “Running the UEFI System Tests”. Please ensure to perform complete system diagnostics. That is very important. It takes 2 hours to run. If any component fails and reports a failure code please make a note of it. You’ll then need to contact HP phone support to get the unit serviced.I

I called hp number, they said me to use microsoft edge, i will use that now to check if problem continues or not, but its realy hard to use other browser because i am living in Netherlands and i use google auto translate a lot but i will try with Edge now.  My laptop is just 2 months old.

Regards,

Saad

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @Saad12-_,

Brilliant troubleshooting and great effort to try and get the issue resolved. A commendable ob was done by you. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 I have reviewed the post comprehensively. Please try these steps.

Please run a complete virus and malware scan on the computer to check for viruses.

• If this happened recently, then please try a system restore to an earlier time before the issue started from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545 and follow the option "Restore your computer when Windows starts normally". This should fix the issue if there is no spyware or virus on your computer.
  • Other options to try.
  • Reset Chrome and Firefox and check.
  • If that does not work, Uninstall chrome and download it again and check if that fixes the issue.
  • Please update the bios and chipset drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers and follow the on-screen instructions.

Also, uninstall the battery ACPI drivers from device manager by performing these steps: 

• Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand Batteries> Right-click on each battery driver and left click on uninstall.
  • the battery drivers will get i=uninstalled. Then restart the computer and check again to see if the issue gets resolved.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi David,

For last 2 weeks i have tried every single option you mentioned. The problem i am facing gets even worst. I also found a guy having the same problem on one website. I also did the same latency test and have the same problem. I have attached the screen shot of the latencymon photo too, and also the link of the other guy facing the same problem on the same model. up.jpg

https://tweakers.net/productreview/152263/hp-envy-13-ab021nd.html

He faces the same problem as me for the audio and computer stucking problem.

Kind regards,

Saad

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Saad12-_,

I reviewed the post comprehensively. Superb effort and commendable troubleshooting to try and fix the issue. Kudos to you for a job well done. 🙂 Please try to create a new user profile and check if that fixes the issue.

If it does not, run a virus and spyware scan on the machine and check again. Finally, as a last resort, please backup your files and perform a complete system recovery to factory settings and that should resolve the issue for you. Link for recovery: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961 and follow the option "Recovery when Windows 10 does not start correctly".

You've been simply fabulous to work with, considering your technical expertise and exhaustive technical skills. 🙂  It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂 Trust me, I've done all I can to assist you, by keeping your best interest in mind. 

I honestly hope the computer works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. 🙂

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nobody in HP wants to help solve this problem?
My Envy 13 ab067 has the same , I will not buy any HP anymore!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
20,511 15,846 325 963
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation