Kyletheaverage Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Envy x360 not turning on after opening bottom.

HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My mothers laptop was having issues over heating and would shut down frequently, and after hearing some plastic rattle around on the inside i opened up the bottom of the laptop.

I found some plastic loose on the inside from what appeared to be where the screws holding the bottom of the laptop on had broken.

After i cleaned out the few plastic pieces and rehooked everything i attempted to power the laptop back on, and now the laptop wont start.

I thought it might just be the battery died but i plugged the charger into the laptop and the orange light came on but i am still unable to turn the laptop on.

1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
72560 8801 18910
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Envy x360 not turning on after opening bottom.

@Kyletheaverage wrote:

....  I thought it might just be the battery died but i plugged the charger into the laptop and the orange light came on but i am still unable to turn the laptop on.

Hi,

Looks like the circuit to supply power for the laptop is broken. Please bring it to a proper repairer.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation