Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, my hp omen laptop won't startup, whenever I turn it on, the power light and battery light both turn on, but the screen stays black. It seems like it could be a beep code but it doesn't line up with any of the listed codes. The battery light goes on for a few seconds, and after a second, the power light also turns on, then they both turn off together. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Arc113

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting to Windows.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the product number of your computer?

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04718479

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, sorry I have been busy lately, the product id is:

6RL11EA#ABU

HP Recommended

@Arc113

Did you follow the steps suggested in the article that I shared?

Thanks!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, sorry again for not replying sooner. Personal things. 

So I did try some of the things in the article and I did go through the online support assistant, but neither of those things helped. 

A couple of other things worth mentioning. The power light on the side, where it is plugged in,and the one with the lightning bolt next to it, only blinked white, and was on for slightly longer than the main power light. 

There did appear to be a bit of dust in the fans on the underside of the device. The device didn't respond to manual BIOS resets or holding the power button for extended periods of time. I'm lead to believe it could be a power issue since it didn't respond to anything that would normally gauge a reaction. 

HP Recommended

@Arc113

I recommend you contact support as this looks like a hardware issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.