Did you mean: 
Anox
Level 1
11 8 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Pavilion Dv6 stuck on HP splash screen

So the other day i tried to install windows 7 on my Dv6 (I've done it before and it worked perfectly) during the installation the computer restarted and was stuck on the hp logo splash screen for aboout an hour or so. so i restarted the laptop and the same thing, stuck on the splash screen, im not able to load into bios eaither its frozen and if i his Esc the computer just beeps, anyone know how to fix this, its my little brother laptop and i feel really bad that i might have broke it (its an old computer)....... I am willing to send pictures if anyone wants them

-thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Level 9
1,373 1,360 112 268
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

First try Hard Reset and then check.. If issue still persists then follow all the instructions from the link below:

Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot

0 Kudos
Anox
Level 1
11 8 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have done that already, I have also done this:

-turn on the laptop and press F10

-turn on the laptop and press F2

- hard reset

- turn on the laptop and press Esc

none of these seem to work, the laptop was going through windows 7 installation fine then it restarted like normal but got stuck on the splash screen, i've never had this happen before and im starting to worry that my laptop is broken

0 Kudos
Anox
Level 1
11 8 0 0
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi parvez this isn't a black screen issue I'm stuck on the HP logo splash screen.
0 Kudos
Level 9
1,373 1,360 112 268
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes i understand that..but the troubleshooting steps for both are same....

0 Kudos
Anox
Level 1
11 8 0 0
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay all the steps on the page you sent me its still stuck in the HP splash screen
0 Kudos
Anox
Level 1
11 8 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

*i've done all the steps in the link
0 Kudos
Level 9
1,373 1,360 112 268
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Next you can try the following:

-Remove the hard drive from the notebook. [ Click here for instructions for HP dv6 model . If instructions doesnt match then please provide the product number of your notebook ]

-Then turn it ON without the hard drive and try to go to BIOS (F10).

-If it loads to BIOS then navigate to Boot Options and change dvd drive as the first boot device-Save Changes and Exit.

- Now put the Hard Drive back in and try again..

If it goes to any of the screens then insert the windows 7 disc and restart the installation.

( If it loads any of the screens then you can also try using a windows repair disc. You'll find the instructions on how to create repair discs from this link )

0 Kudos
cunninglam
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The issue was similar but if I remove the A/C and battery the Dv6 boots. Shutdown or closing the laptop would result in a freeze at power on not NTLDR.  Your suggest had me thinking "what a nut" but maybe.

Battery out A/C out.

Battery  , A/C in

Boot, ESC, BIOS setup

Floppy and network boot were off but at the top of the boot order

Per your suggestion 1-CD, 2-HDD, 3-USB.

Save nad exit.

Clean boot, Clean restart, clean close top and reopen

Thanks for the what in the world helpful suggestion

John

0 Kudos
Craig-O
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had this same issue, tried every reply's repair, nothing worked. SO...   I pulled the CMOS Battery (CR2032), replaced it, and was then able to get past the 'Press ESC...' message and into diagnostics (after going through the resetting of the CMOS). I'd never gotten past the 'Press ESC...' prompt prior to that.

Obviously, this is a 9 year old machine (Build date 2010). I had removed the HD, as many suggested, no good. Removed the RAM, no joy. Removed the battery and power cord, held the On button for over a minute... , no good there. Most of the posts I found were from 2014, 2015, so I thought 'what the heck, I'll try this.', and so far things are running. Doing diagnostics now.

This old girl may live again!?!

CO

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation