Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-n221so
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.

So I recently spilled a water bottle to my keyboard. I cleaned it up. And after that shut down the computer and turned it upside down. After a while I didn't see any water coming out when I turned it upside down. After that the computer wont start. It makes a click noise and the Wifi or Flymode thing blinks red for 1 second. It won't start without a charger in it. When I start it with the charger on it the charger light blinks to blank and turns back on to bright and it makes the click noise. I have opened the computer and looked for fried ports (Suggested by a friend) but didn't find anything.

-Niki

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Naikeli

Thank you for replying with this overwhelming and detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

You wouldn't be wrong if you don't want to invest on the old PC, In fact, it would be smart to move on ahead as the future beholds beauty and I pray great wonders for you 😉

Besides, we have a lot of offers these days and you could get a new computer for the lot cheaper than the price of replacing an old motherboard as there could be stock issues,

That said, If you are interested in purchasing a new computer: Click here to search online and/or discuss the offers with a sales person via phone.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Naikeli

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the computer isn't turning on since liquid was spilled over it,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you turn off the computer before you started cleaning it? if the incident occurred while the PC was running there are high chances of a motherboard failure,

Did you check fo any related HP Forum post that may have solved this issue?

If you haven't, Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here for the steps.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,  

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi. 

So the computer was on when the liquid spilled on to the keyboard. So I think its 110% a motherboard failure.

I tried all the options when I googled computer doesn't start all the resets etc. I turned off the computer when it still turning off which was a huge mistake because the computer doesn't have an ssd. 

So if it's a motherboard failure there's no point in buying a new motherboard because the pc is a bit old? 

Regards Naikeli

HP Recommended

@Naikeli

Thank you for replying with this overwhelming and detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

You wouldn't be wrong if you don't want to invest on the old PC, In fact, it would be smart to move on ahead as the future beholds beauty and I pray great wonders for you 😉

Besides, we have a lot of offers these days and you could get a new computer for the lot cheaper than the price of replacing an old motherboard as there could be stock issues,

That said, If you are interested in purchasing a new computer: Click here to search online and/or discuss the offers with a sales person via phone.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.