Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 6550b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Guys i'm back with a new problem, My Probook 6550b after going to sleep last night i tried turning it on but it wont turn on, AC adapter works fine no issues, Battery works fine no issues. 

What i did:

1. Pressed the power button, Fan turns on LED across the board comes on. Battery light flashes orange quickly i cannot count, Laptop shuts off.

2.Removed the battery, tried turning on using only AC adapter, same thing, Power LED flashes quickly no display laptop shuts off.

3. unplugged everything, pressed and held the power button for 1 minute plugged AC adapter, tried turning it on, Fan turns on, LED turns on, Power LED flashes orange and blue, no display, laptop turns off.

i need a solution as quickly as possible, i am gonna try to remove the hard disk and use another hard disk in it to attempt to unset the hibernation from the BIOS. Still i wait for information about this issue because my laptop isnt turning on.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You might want to take a look at this document: Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge.

It suggests troubleshooting steps to determine if the problem is the battery, the power supply, or the system board.

You might find the answer to your battery/power issue as you work through the steps in that HP support article.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

HP Recommended

based on the fact ur sending me to another thread is the fact that this issue is never heard of and its not able to be solved by conventional methods, the thread does not show my problem i have been through it already or i wouldnt have posted for help here,.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.