Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp ProbookX360 G1 EE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I have 10 laptops Hp ProbookX360 G1 EE with the same issue.When i power on the laptop before entering windows 10 screen goes black.I then press power button once and backlight powers off.Then i press power button again and i can boot to windows.I don't have this problem on restart or if i close the lid and power on the laptop.The problem appears only when the laptop boots from off state and before entering windows.I updated bios to Latest V1.35 and i downloaded official vga intel drivers from the upport page of the product.I also tried and with hp assistant.Lastly,if i use the basic microsoft vga drivers i don't have this problem.Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I finally found the answer and i am posting it in case someone else has the same problem.

The solution is:

in power&sleep menu you go to additional power settings
then choose what the power buttons do

then press change settings that are currently unavailable
and uncheck turn on fast startup(recommended)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I also notice that this problem happens only when laptop runs on battery.If i have the charger plugged in laptop boots normally.

HP Recommended

I finally found the answer and i am posting it in case someone else has the same problem.

The solution is:

in power&sleep menu you go to additional power settings
then choose what the power buttons do

then press change settings that are currently unavailable
and uncheck turn on fast startup(recommended)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.