Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having a problem that I am seeing on this forum and in other places is very common with the HP Spectre X360. The laptop was working fine, and then all of sudden yesterday while it was plugged in and I was using it at my desk as usual it stopped charging. The battery ran out and the laptop turned off. I unplugged and re-plugged in the charger and I disconnected all peripherals. I verified that my charger was working to charge other devices, and I also tried another charger that was verified to work on other devices. I tried multiple different power outlets that were confirmed to be working, and still the laptop would not charge. The orange charging LED light does not come on when the power cord is plugged into the laptop. Initially when I pressed the power button, the charging LED would flash white three times. Now pressing or pressing and holding the power button doesn't make the LED flash at all. I left it plugged in overnight in case that would help. It did not. I followed the instructions here to try a power reset and that did not work. The laptop is fully dead and will not turn on or charge. Please contact me ASAP to resolve this. This is clearly a common manufacturing defect affecting probably hundreds of these devices or more and should be repaired free of cost as a recall. This laptop is only 1 year and 3 months old and it has not experienced any physical trauma.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@CC55

I reviewed your post and I understand the battery is not getting charged and the battery led is blinking thrice.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

If the charging led is blinking that indicates an issue with the battery or the charging port. As you have already tested the charger, I recommend you contact support and they will assist you with the available service options for your computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thank you very much for your response. I followed your instructions, but after entering the serial number and having my country selected, I did not see any option to connect with support. The page only showed links to the support forums and to search for HP support centers. Can you provide further information/clarification?

HP Recommended

@CC55

Help me with your region (Country) in a private message and I will share the contact details.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok I would be happy to message you privately. Can you help me find out how to do that? When I click on your username and view your profile, there is no visible option to send a private message - see attached screenshot of how your profile looks to me.

Screenshot_20210127-150136.png

HP Recommended

@CC55

To learn how to use HP Forums: you may use the link below:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/Learn-how-to-use-the-Forum/t...

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette

I went to that post and followed the links in it and found a post about how to send a private message. The post instructed me to do what I have already done, which is to click on your username, go to your profile page, and look for a "Send a Message" button. As I said in my last message, when I view your profile page I do not see a send message button. I've attached another screenshot of what your profile page looks like to me in case you couldn't view my last screenshot for some reason. The screenshot shows that there is no "Send a Message" button. Please either:

1) Resolve the error that is not letting me see your send message button, if such an error exists, or

2) Give me updated instructions on how to send a private message, if the post I found from your link is no longer accurate, or

3) Send me a private message first.Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 4.01.58 AM.png

HP Recommended

Regarding whatever error is stopping me from seeing your message button:

Here's a screenshot showing the Network pane from the Chrome Inspect panel when I load your profile page. A Javascript file called social_functions.js is failing to load. I've also attached a screenshot of the Console pane of the Inspect panel, showing an error that says that a script file cannot be loaded. These errors could be related to why I don't see your message button. I'm providing this info in case it can help speed up the process of fixing this private messaging issue.Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 4.19.27 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-29 at 4.25.38 AM.png

HP Recommended

@CC55

Please try sending a private message now and check if it works.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I got my new HP spectre x360 13" however due to travel issues i didnt receive its charger (yet). It may take a week to receive it. So i was wondering if i can charge it with Huawei p20 lite phone charger instead for the time being since they're both usb C. 

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.