cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New member
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 6
410
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Touch Smart overheated while in a bag and won't power up even with charger plugged in

Hp Touch Smart 15-n213si
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
I put my laptop in sleep mode and placed in a satchel. I'm guessing it overheated coz when got home and opened the lid instead of it turning on from sleep mode it wouldn't, the power button was blinking but wouldn't respond when pressed and so I removed the battery. I put the battery back on and tried to power on but it wouldn't respond at all even when i plugged in the power code the light lit up to show it was charging but still won't power back on.
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 485 934
Message 2 of 6
393
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Touch Smart overheated while in a bag and won't power up even with charger plugged in

Greetings @SPaceBar96,

 

Thanks for the post. 

 

I see your computer is not booting and giving you blinking lights on the power bottom. Happy to help. 

Kudos to you for removing the battery and trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

What is the blinking sequence on the power button?

 

Based on the blinking sequence, please follow the steps mentioned in the article.

 

Let me know how it goes.

 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Highlighted
New member
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 6
383
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Touch Smart overheated while in a bag and won't power up even with charger plugged in

Thanks for the quick response @ Chimney_83.
The blinking lights on the power button only occurred before I took out the battery because the button was unresponsive. After having taken out the battery and placing it back, the power button no longer responds even with the power cable plugged in.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 485 934
Message 4 of 6
375
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Touch Smart overheated while in a bag and won't power up even with charger plugged in

Thanks for the reply, disconnect the battery and the power cord. Hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Connect only the adapter and turn the computer ON. 

Do you see a light on the power port?

Try a different wall outlet or adapter if available.

 

Let me know how it goes. 

 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New member
6 4 0 0
Message 5 of 6
362
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Touch Smart overheated while in a bag and won't power up even with charger plugged in

I just tried that and it still doesn't power ON but there is a light on the power port.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,253 19,156 1,098 1,182
Message 6 of 6
351
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Touch Smart overheated while in a bag and won't power up even with charger plugged in

@SPaceBar96

 

Thanks for the reply.

 

It seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to contact HP phone support for assistance.

 

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation