Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Victus 16
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I updated BIOS from my HP Victus earlier today, after the update finished, the screen turned black and i am now unable to boot it up. Only power light is on. The charger is working normally. I tried everything i could find besides plugging out battery and usb flash boot. Nothing work though. Can some one with experience help me this?

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

I am suffering the same issue did you get any resolution for it?

HP Recommended

Facing the same issue. Have contacted the support center , hopefully they should be able to fix 

HP Recommended

I also have the same problem after update new bios

HP Recommended

I also have the same situation as you. Perhaps HP made an error BIOS boot file in version F.10 Rev.A, so when you install the machine does not boot up and when we create a bootable USB from this file, it also gives the same error.
My way is to click on the older version section and download the BIOS file F.09 Rev.A and create a bootable USB from another computer.

Link download F.09 Rev.A 

Then I turned off the computer.
Plug the power source into the computer.
Plug the newly created USB Boot into any USB port.
Press and hold Windows + B button.
Press the power button to light up and release while still hold Windows key + B. In about 10 seconds, the screen light will light up and the machine will automatically restore Bios in about 15 minutes to complete. I just finished and posted this tutorial for you guys. Hope to help you!
Hopefully HP will be more careful in future BIOS updates. Horrible I just received this computer yesterday afternoon.

HP Recommended

Hi Mate, i already downloaded the bios file, but i couldn't create the recovery usb, it just installed and nothig happen. How could you do?

HP Recommended

Have you already get usb boot? Continue plug it to your victus. At the power off state (no light at power button) plug power source and press Win key and B at the same time after that press power button. When power button light up release power button but keep press Win & B key. When screen appears release all button and wait for your laptop restore.

HP Recommended

I has usb, but i could not create usb boot, i installed the bios file after downloading, it just extracted and nothing windows appear to choose options

HP Recommended

Have you downloaded F09 file? Don’t download F10 that it faulty file!

HP Recommended

Yes, i did. But when installing the file, non HP system bios update utility windows appears so that create the boot flash drive.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.