Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp battery alert 601

HP EliteBook 8440p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have been facing this problem for a day now. i have had this Pc  for 2 years and it has always been working fine. until Yesterday when i removed my battery and inserted it back just because the computer freezes sometimes because of high Cpu usage. I thought that solution would work but.. a new problem was waiting for me.

Now , I'm not only having a problem with my Cpu usage , but also my battery.  The battery was fine all day and for the whole 2 past years.. i don't understand what's going on.. i was working on the computer without any problems. suddenly, after putting back the battery to its place, that error 601 appeared and says that i have to replace the battery.  

I can still use the Pc without the Ac adapter, but it would only last for about 15 mins .. the battery indicator is always at 100%.  sometimes 0% and then immediately becomes 100% .. the pc would turn off even if the indicator is at 100%

I am sure the my battery is okay.. how would it be weak suddenly just because i removed it and put it back again? 

i have never faced such a problem before.

I have read the solutions on the internet but none worked for me.. i also tried the battery test

Please, i need help.. the batteries are expensive to purchase.. i want to know if there's any chance that this problem will be fixed or replacing the battery is the only solution.

Any solution will be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation