Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CraftyKenny Top Student
Top Student
4 3 0 2
Message 21 of 45
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp envy laptop problems after windows 10 update?!?!?!

So evidently, I factory reset my laptop back to Windows 8, a full reset wiping all your drivers as well. Then I stopped experiencing the problem. As of yesterday I was prompted to update back to Windows 10 and there was no cancel button so I just upgraded it.

As of right now I have windows 10 and the sleep issue has been resolved but I will keep monitoring my PC in case If it returns I'll know exactly what causes it.
CraftyKenny Top Student
Top Student
4 3 0 2
Message 22 of 45
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Give my post some Kudos so people can find the fix. I was very frustrated with this issue and had no hell fixing it.
For everyone that doesnt know, you have to fully factory reset your computer back to its packaged settings, then upgrade to Windows 10 immediately after.
0 Kudos
David_31262 Tutor
Tutor
11 9 0 0
Message 23 of 45
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CraftyKenny wrote:
Give my post some Kudos so people can find the fix. I was very frustrated with this issue and had no hell fixing it.
For everyone that doesnt know, you have to fully factory reset your computer back to its packaged settings, then upgrade to Windows 10 immediately after.

That would take me back to windows 7 from recovery discs (I have previously clean installed windows 8).  I wonder if a clean install of Win 10 would work.  My understand is that once you do the win 10 "upgrade" you're computer will be registered and, win 10 can then been installed without a product key (sounds fine in theory).

0 Kudos
Jaja_ Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 24 of 45
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same issue here on hp envy laptop..... Upgraded to windows 10 pro
Apps hang, keyboard and mouse sometimes do not work, does not power back on normally,
When you go startup from hibernate, you have to press power..... Simple pass is waiting on the fingerprint (per the screen) but is inactive (not flashing), and, much as you can type the password, it will not let you enter it, it just sits doing nothing.
You then have to power off and, this results in rebuilding the BIOS every time.
Another bizarre one, it shows my son's pic and email with my name on logging in (we have 2 accounts).... I reset everything and changes my pic, and all was well until it got stuck on the login (as above) and did a BIOS restore..... Now it's back to the same error.
Have now left it only able to shutdown on that button, and do nothing else... Sigh!
0 Kudos
Ajay9 Top Student
Top Student
7 6 0 1
Message 25 of 45
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here is the solution that i came up with :
1) Remove any external devices(keyboard , mouse,etc)

2) Go to control panel> devic manager> universal usb hub

3) Uninsatll every usb drivers (It will not affect anything on your pc)

4)restart your laptop 

🙂

0 Kudos
thoreaulylazy Tutor
Tutor
13 12 0 0
Message 26 of 45
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an Envy 17 (LM126AV) and am also seeing the same problem where the laptop cannot wake from sleep after upgrading to Windows 10, or at least the screen remains off.

The keyboard backlighting turns on and the CD-ROM spins up, and even the wifi light turns on, when I attempt to wake it from sleep mode, but the screen stays off and I have to press and hold the power button to hard reboot it.

0 Kudos
RyQril Top Student
Top Student
3 3 0 1
Message 27 of 45
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The problem is from the Intel ME driver, you need to uninstall it from the device manager under "System Devices" and download the 9.5.xx version, i got no problems after that.

JackTheLadJr Tutor
Tutor
8 7 0 1
Message 28 of 45
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue.

I'm on an HP Pavilion.

0 Kudos
JackTheLadJr Tutor
Tutor
8 7 0 1
Message 29 of 45
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Would that be the Management Engine Interface?

My current driver version is 11.0.0.1146 which gives me pause.

Thanks

@RyQril wrote:

The problem is from the Intel ME driver, you need to uninstall it from the device manager under "System Devices" and download the 9.5.xx version, i got no problems after that.

0 Kudos
thoreaulylazy Tutor
Tutor
13 12 0 0
Message 30 of 45
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I checked my Intel Management Engine drivers, and was surprised to see they were version 7.0.0.1144 (10/19/2010).  It never showed up in Windows Update for some reason, but I was able to right-click and choose "upgrade drivers", and version 11.0.0.1157 (7/7/2015) was installed automatically.  (I don't know why Windows update didn't do this, especially when Windows Update had no qualms about upgrading the Radeon driver automatically.)

The newest version 11 also doesn't fix the problem of waking from sleep, so I attempted to install version 9.5.xx as you suggested, but the Intel website says it's only for Windwos 8.1 and when I try to install it, I get this error: "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this software."  I tried 9.5.24.1790  (3/31/2014) and 9.5.15.1730 (10/25/2013) and neither will install.

So, now I'm stuck again.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation