Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy m7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, Change battery on HP Envy m7 laptop. charged it but the screen went black. The power light is on The fan is on.

but nothing in the screen or the keyboard?  Yes Re did the BIOs. Held the power button down 60 seconds.  Removed  the Memory Chip. Reinstall the old battery screened turned ON! But I need to install a new battery, the old one doesn't hold much charge!  Any solution from anyone with same problem and if you were able to resolve it will be appreciated!!!!

help please!

Allen.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@ALLENCH1 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to charge the laptop.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Please let us know when installing the old battery it will charge or not.

The laptop will work without a battery or not.

Perform the battery test and check.

1. Power off the PC and make sure that it is completely powered off.

2. Press the power button and the moment you press the power button immediately start tapping F2 key, you should see the system diagnostics screen.

3. Look for the component test, under that all the hardware will be listed, please choose Keyboard and initiate the quick test.

Note: If it fails it will generate a 24 digits alphanumeric failure id, please capture that.

Please update the BIOS and check.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hello Praveen 196,

When I reinstall the old battery the screen comes back on and doesn't hold much charge because the battery in almost dead.

and still with the old battery the screen does go on.

With the new battery after charging it for 6 hours or more. it still stays black.  I redid the BIO's and still stays black.

I even tried to put it on the TV using external screen to see it will show there, Nothing

any other advice will be appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hi praveen,

Just did the test with the old battery. This is the result. As I said the old battery is not good

This is the code. from the old battery. Where is the blown fuse (42)?

also what to do after new install so I don't get Black screen?

ALLENCH1_5-1590010778032.png

ALLENCH1_6-1590010828210.png

Allen

HP Recommended

@ALLENCH1

Thank you for the update.

According to the failure code.

The issue with the battery.

I would request you contact our phone support and check for the support option.They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

I know it's the battery.  Changing the battery and getting the BLACK SCREEN.  How do I resolve this issue? 

HP Recommended

@ALLENCH1

I understand your concerns.

Please let us know without battery the laptop is working fine.

Please perform the below steps and check.

Hard Reset:

1) Shutdown the computer.  

2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.  

3) Remove the Battery. ( not for Built-in Battery computer ) 

4) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.  

5) Plug-in the Adapter and put the Battery back into the computer if it's a (removable battery)

6) Try to turn on the computer and check, If the issue persists continue next step

Set BIOS default and restart:

1. Restart your notebook.
  2. During startup, press F10 repeatedly until the BIOS menu is displayed.
  3. Once the BIOS menu is displayed, press F9 to restore factory defaults.
  4. Select Yes to confirm.
  5. Press F10 to save changes and exit.
  6. Select Yes to confirm.
  7. The computer restarts using the default settings.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Hello,  

The battery for m7 is "internal. "  I changed it.  I am getting BLACK SCREEN with the new battery.  Again and again.  How do I resolve this issue so I don't get the BLACK SCREEN? 

HP Recommended

@ALLENCH1

In that case, you can contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.