Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (270 Views)

Hp envy won't charge or turn on

Product Name: Envy 15 AH155NR
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)
Hp won't charge. This is an HP refurb and it has worked fine since I bought it in May, until recently when it suddenly stopped charging. I've checked the charging cable and there is no damage, likewise no damage to laptop input. I've tried it at several outlets in my home to assure it wasn't the issue. This model doesn't have an accessible battery. It is completely dead and will not power on. Should I order a replacement cable or take it in for new battery or repair??
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 3 (228 Views)

Re: Hp envy won't charge or turn on

@Pazdelara

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out Smiley Happy

As I understand the computer is not working on anymore and the battery isn't charging either,

I’ll be glad to help you out, however, to provide an accurate solution,
I'll need a few more details:

Is there a light on the power button, keyboard and/or the charger port?

What is the product number of this computer? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you performed any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

In the meantime, you perform the below steps:

If the computer does not start, the LED lights do not glow, and the display is black,
you can perform one or more of the following actions to resolve the no power issue:

(Click on the blue letters to get more details about each step)

1. Examine the adapter and power cord for physical damage
  2. Test the power from the AC wall outlet to the notebook connector
  3. Start computer using the battery only
  4. Check that the lid switch moves freely
  5. What you can do if the computer still does not start up or boot properly
  6. When you have completed the troubleshooting steps covered in this document, there should be power available to the computer. When you press the power button, the LEDs should glow, and you should hear the sounds of the fan and the hard drive spinning.

Eager to help,
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (205 Views)

Re: Hp envy won't charge or turn on

I bought a new charger and that seemed to solve the issue.

Thank you!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation