I am using a hp Pavillion 15c series, the information on the back is worn out, so I am not entirely sure if it is a 15cc123cl or 15cc423cl and the product number is probably 2D592UAR ABA, it is not clear either.
My laptop overheats when plugged in after some time, but it doesn't charge and wouldn't come on at all.
This issue started 2 days ago after I tried to start the system, the power light kept flashing in periods of 5 seconds on and 2 seconds off until the battery went flat.
Since then I have tried turning the system on but to no avail, I tried reseating the RAM, but that didn't work. I have tried a hard reset (removing the battery and power cord and holding the power button for 60 seconds), but that didn't work either.
I have removed the battery and tried using the direct power cord, and it still is not coming on. It just overheats. the power cord is still good, I tried it on another laptop.