Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 240 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

HP 240 G5 laptop was working fine for more than a year since purchased it. After the warranty got expired, issue arised. If adapter is unplugged, hp notebook turns off without any notification eventhough the 🔋 icon shows 90% charge.

I tried all the basic troubleshooting steps before i reached this hp community.

*Tried hard resetting(power)

* HP PC hardware diagnostics test results show battery check is passed.

*HP PC hardware diagnostics UEFI (F2 key) memory test and hard drive quick check is passed. When extensive hard drive check is done with adapter being unplugged, the notebook turns off.

Is their any other test to check the battery life? Or else replacing new battery is the only option left.!

Pls suggest.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@User20171 

You can check the battery to some extent using Powershell built into Windows 10. as follows:
1) Press Windows key + X
2) Click Powershell in the menu
3) Type powercfg /batteryreport

This will generate a report and if you scroll down, you will see Design Capacity and Full Charge Capacity ratings. If the Full Charge Capacity is much less than 100% of the Design Capacity, it is faulty and needs to be replaced.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.