Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp OMEN 15-5211na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, I have just replaced my battery on this laptop which otherwise works well.

It is a third party battery but seems identical and will power the laptop.

I have forced it to do so by powering on with the old battery and then installing the new one while fully on and plugged into the mains.

But when you restart.... Again it will not boot.... Powers on but screen stays blank.

It has allowed me to do a bios reset using the windows key and b- but still no change once this is done.

How do I access the Bios itself? I have tried quickly  tapping the ESC key, f9, f2,F10 as it powers on but nothing responds 😞

Sorry for the essay but I hope someone can help 😢

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi@ChrisHunt, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Please check the Battery replaced is compatible with the unit?

Try resetting  Storage or Harddrive cable might be a  connection?

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps

Do you see a light at the place where the charger connects to the laptop? If yes then it indicates that the charger is all fine.

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Remove the battery out. If the battery is integrated and does not have a latch to release it then leave the battery inside the laptop.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.

F6 + Power Button

• CMOS Rest (a combination of windows button and letter 'V' then push the power button ones and release the windows and letter 'V' after 5sec

If the laptop does not power on then please continue with the below steps:

• Disconnect the charger and remove the battery out.
  • Connect only the battery and check if the laptop powers on.
  • Likewise, remove the battery out (if removal battery ) and connect only the charger and check if that help

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hi there,

Thanks for your response it's appreciated but I still cannot get the laptop to boot up when the battery is connected.

The battery is not a genuine hp component but is definitely compatible as it fits and does provide power.

The battery will run the laptop if I connect it after the laptop starts.

So it will boot up using the power cable then run on the battery once I connect it and remove the power cable.

When I have to do a restart or turn the laptop off once again it won't start up with the battery connected.

Is this a compatibility issue due to it not being a genuine hp battery?

Again thanks for your help.

Chris.

HP Recommended

@ChrisHunt,

You may order the replacement parts on the HP Parts Store, use the HP Parts Surfer to find the part number and If you've already looked for it and couldn't find it on the HP Parts Store, you may want to get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...as the part numbers are universal. 

  

Alternatively, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started: 

  

1) Click on this link

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step: 

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Click on "Show Options". Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself! 

  

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, here's how private messages work: Click here for details.  

HP Recommended

You could have just said no its ot locked to a genuine battery it should work fin- genuine hp parts are very expensive so not worth it on an older laptop.

The battery was just faulty- got a replacement supplied and now I have no issue.

Thanks for trying to find a solution to initially though.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.