Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15cs0020nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Pavilion 15-cs0020nl. It works fine but sometimes gives me blue screens. Also fails to resume from suspension state and stays with black screen (power led is on and fans are active). The only way to bring back the pc is to press down the power button for 4 sec until it forces hardware poweroff and after this the pc restarts without problems.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@Crober,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I recommend you run the power troubleshooter. The power timeout settings can affect your PC on various levels and the startup process is one of them. This checks how long the PC waits before turning off the display and to enter in sleep mode.

Here is how it is done.

Press ‘Win + I’ shortcut keys to open Windows Settings app.

Click on ‘Update & Security’, then go to the ‘Troubleshoot’ section from the left-side menu.

Scroll downwards a bit and click on the ‘Power’ option.

Click on ‘Run the Troubleshooter’. It will start detecting the problems and if it founds, go ahead fixing it.

If you continue facing the issue, then follow the below steps.

On your keyboard, press ‘Windows key + R’ and type ‘Powercfg.cpl’ in it.

Hit the ‘Enter’ key to open power options in the control panel.

From the left-hand side, click on ‘Choose what the power buttons do’.

Then, click on the link ‘Change settings that are currently unavailable’.

From the bottom given power button options, uncheck the ‘Turn on fast startup’ option.

Click on ‘Save changes’ button.

If the issue persists, follow the below steps.

Go to the ‘Start’ menu and type ‘Control panel’ then hit the ‘Enter’ key.

From the top-right filter, choose ‘Large icons’ and navigate to the ‘Power Options’,

Click and open the ‘Power options’.

Select the power plan according to your requirement and click on ‘Change plan settings’.

Click on ‘Change advanced power settings’.

In the power options windows, click on the button ‘Restore plan defaults’.

Click on ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’ button.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi guy. Thank you for supporting. Before i try the solutions you gave to me I had a further detail: some times i also  have BSOD that shows the following error tdr_video_failure and a nvlddmkm.sys driver error that is used by nvida video card. I tought that the 2 problems where related and i disabled the invidia card leaving the intel video card working and the first problem is disappeard (the resume from suspend).

However sometimes (rarely) i still face the bsod and i'm working without the nvidia card.

HP Recommended

@Crob7

Welcome to HP support community.

Update the Bios and Graphics card driver using HP Support Assistant.

Download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: Click here

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sandy, i have already updated drivers to last available with hp support assistant.Actually i'm running the last release available through hp Support assistant.

HP Recommended

Also i faced this bsod today

bsod_hp2_20191130_125137.jpg

HP Recommended

@Crob7

I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Follow the steps in the below article to update the BIOS.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm already running the last bios version

HP Recommended

@Crob7

I recommend you run a system test on the computer to make sure that there are no hardware issues. 

Follow the steps in the below article to run the system test.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04499777

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, i have done all the test. The Pc passed all test correctly

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.