10-05-2016 08:26 AM - edited 10-05-2016 08:27 AM
Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! It is amazing site to post questions, find resolutions and work with the community to resolve issues. After reading your post I see that you require assistance with the computer not booting and staying on a black screen. I’ll be delighted to help you with this.
It looks like a hardware issue with the unit. Please try these basic steps first.
- Power down the computer and unplug the charger. Then remove the battery only if it is a removable one.
- Hold down the power button of the unit for 15 seconds to discharge static electrical charges inside the machine.
- Replace the battery and reconnect the charger. Try to power on the computer.
If it works then the issue may get resolved otherwise to isolate the issue further you could hook it up to an external monitor only f it is possible, to check if the computer brings up a display. If this does not work, then you will need to contact a technician locally to get the unit serviced as HP may not have service options for this computer anymore.
For further troubleshooting please visit this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-tx2000-entertainment-notebook-pc-series/3650975 and select the correct option that best describes the computer’s situation.
Hope this helps!. Please let me know how this goes. If it helps, please mark this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my efforts to help, click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos. I hope the issue gets resolved and the unit works great without hassles.
Take care and do have a splendid week ahead.
I am an HP Employee
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)