Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 14-cd0004la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey there everyone, i recently tried to update my bios but after that my laptop scree doesn't turn all at all, i have tried the f10 keys and various other methods such as holding down windows key and B together while turning on the laptop but still nothing, i even tried removing the battery and the ram but still nothing. It shows 3 slow white caps lock blinking then 5 fast white blinking, and the worse part is i cant go out to get it repaired coz we have a lockdown here and this is my work laptop and need it urgently on, i even tried downloading win 10 on my usb drive hopping to install a new windows but didn't work. Any help is appreciated to get me out of this misery. Thank you so much, stay safe!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@mustjabahmed246, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand the Notebook is not booting into Windows and has a black screen. The blinking capslock indicates a hardware issue with the CPU.

You may try the steps mentioned in this document to recover BIOS - Recovering the BIOS

For more info on blinking lights, refer to - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code

If the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.