Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp probook 4530s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello !!
I think I'm in real trouble.i will explain what happened.
I was updating my drivers from hp website , noticed that there was bios update for my probook...mine was F41.0 and available update was F61.0....i thought i should better update as i used to update it before.
So whole downloading F61.0 there was option for Windows 8.1 and i had installed Windows 10 aniversary update....i thought that HP didn't add the windows 10...this is the latest bios it must be compatible with Windows 10 too.
So after downloading it selected the option to initiate bios update on this system.
Everything happened good it first backed up my current bios and then installed new one.
After installing bios utility asked me to reboot the laptop i selected yes.
And while rebooting my

caps lock light blinked 2 times
Power button and wifi light 1 or 2 times may be (i dont remember exactly )

And after that laptop went off.

Aftee waiting a few minutes i thought update is complete and i need to turn the laptop on now.

So i pressed the power button and there was nothing.
Not even a fan noise or hard disk noise or dvd rom noise.

Let me explain what happens when i press the power button.

Led of power button , wifi button and harddisk turns on for a second and then it is off again.
I hear nothing, no fan noise no harddisk noise almost silent.
Same thing happens when i press the power button again and again and again and again.

Solution i have tired already:

Take out battery
Press and hold power button for a minute
Connect ac source
Press and hold win+B key and then hold power button for 1-2 seconds.

Result:nothing happens same as before

I also tried the solution with bios on usb stick but still no luck.

What i feel is really happening :

I think my bios chip is empty there is no bios installed in it...it is just like a blank piece of paper and motherboard is not supplying power to keyboard or haddrive or fan.
I think it does know what to do as there no code in the chip.

PLEASE HELP ME I AM VERY MUCH WORRIED...WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? ??

p.s i have replaced my motherboard 2 years ago bcz it was damaged by water
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Dear HP Customer,

I would like to inform you that if BIOS for some reason flashed incorrectly, then it might lead to System board damage due to the Firmware being flashed, however, best effort support we can try recovering the BIOS.

Please follow the steps to check if we can get this issue sorted:

http://support.hp.com/ee-en/document/c02693833

BIOS Download link: (PROBOOK 4530s ONLY)

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5060881&swItemId=ob_169417_1&swEnvOid=415...

Turn off the computer.

1. Plug the notebook into a power source using the power adapter.
  2. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time while the computer is off.
  3. Still pressing the Windows and B keys, press and hold down the Power button on the notebook for 1 second, and then release the Powerbutton and the keys.

Thanks,

Mahesh

I'm an HP Employee. The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.

Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you. Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Hi Ahtsham

from the symtoms shared,  caps lock blinking twice is the indication that bios is corrupted.

so as a 1st attempt, you need to try the bios  crisis recovery using the

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics 3-in-1 USB Key

from

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/pps/pl_...

so create a pendrive with above utility

power off the unit and  insert the pen drive, keeping the windows logo key + B key  power on the unit

it should recover the corrupted bios

if it still does not help, system board need to be replaced

Regards

Happy2help

I am HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.