Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP spectre x360 convertible 15-ch004na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was using my laptop and the battery ran out, when I plugged it in and tried to turn it on it refused to turn on. The charging light for the port is on but the laptop is not charging. I tried the hard reset but that didn't work. When I last used my laptop my keyboard lighting was on and when i plug the charger into the laptop  and then press the power button, the keyboard light comes on and so does the light on the power button but then the keyboard light ,power button and the charging light all go off then the charging light comes back on with only the keyboard light.

Any ideas on what to do ?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I noticed it recently.

I see some people posted a Sphinx Patch as a fix, but I cannot find any trace of that patch.

Sorry I cannot be more help.

HP Recommended

Update: Instead of using the standard charger (the one with the round pin type end) I bought a USBC charger and plugged it in. The battery seems to be charging and this time when I turn it on the laptop stays on and the fans start up and drivers are running but I have a black screen still. I tried doing a hard reset but that didn't work.

Also thanks for replying  but from what I heard about the sphinx patch it's to do with how quickly the battery drains so I'm not sure it's the solution to this problem

Any other ideas?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.