Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion G6

Whwnever I am trying to shutdown my pavilion g6, it always restatrts with an bios application error 501. I have to forcely power it off with the power key. Pls help me out of this

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Thoufi,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Community,

Let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook:

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset". Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:

1. If Windows is open, click Start and then Shutdown.

If Windows is not open and the computer has power, press and hold the power button on the computer until the computer shuts off.

2. With the power off, disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.

3. With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out.

4. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to attempt a Bios recovery, for more details, please go through this link: HP Notebook PCs - Recovering the BIOS

To know more about the error, please follow this link: HP PCs - HP BIOS Application Selected Is Corrupt or Missing

If you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue. I would personally suggest this could be a possible hardware failure.

I would recommend you contact our HP support team for further assistance.

HP support team can be reached on this link.

I'm sure they should be able to go ahead and address the issue. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.