Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Serial Number [Personal Information Removed]Product 216C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, I decided to switch from windows to linux, in particular, to Linux garuda. but I ran into such a difficulty that the bios does not read the flash drive, the bios cannot be updated( at the moment I have f. 13 vendor), and in the hp.drivers recommendation-f. 20 rev. What I just tried to do - and tried to install using utilities without a disk and a flash drive, and with a flash drive, I tried to make a bootable flash drive with different programs. All these actions failed.
I can't start from a bootable USB flash drive, please help.

Also, I would like to add, I understand that the laptop is quite old, and we can say that it is not relevant, but, unfortunately, I have to use it.

And also about the sore point, I'm already very tired of windows os, I'm trying to reinstall the operating system for the second time. The first time I thought that the fault lies with me, as I had no idea what the bios and so on, but now, I have more or less developed a correct idea of the program code, and became almost an advanced user. In connection with all of the above, I can assume that this laptop was originally delivered on windows os-and now I can't do anything about it, but still, I hope someone will help me with this issue.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@takmil 

I'm sorry, but HP does not provide support for Linux distros.

IF you replace the preloaded Windows OS with a Linux distro, or add a Linux distro, then you assume full responsibility for maintaining that -- including solving any problems with booting the other OS and/or installing the other OS.

Modern PCs with UEFI, instead of the older BIOS, are especially difficult to install because you have to go into the UEFI settings and make several changes before you can even boot from a USB stick -- and we are unable to assist in that work.

Your best bet for support now is to contact the support forum of the distro you are using.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.