Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Laptop 15s-du0094TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I formatted my Hard Drive, and lost my windows product key. When i purchased this laptop i got it pre-installed with Windows Home and Student. I installed a new image from an ISO that i downloaded from Microsoft's website. I need a product key to activate it. How do i get a product key?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Imran12 

First off, Windows Home and Student is MS Office not MS Windows.

Second, your PC was probably running Win10 Home -- as that is the most common version preloaded on consumer laptops.

If you reinstall your PC using that version, it will find the product key embedded in the firmware and use it.  There is no reason to enter it manually and when the Installer prompts for that, look carefully at the bottom of the Window for the item to click to bypass that.  Once the install is completed and you are online, the PC will contact the MS Activation servers and activate your copy of Win10.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.