Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Stream laptop model 11
When I turn on my HP stream laptop a black screen comes up asking for administrator password or power on password & I don't know it! Help me please.. After 3 trys it says system disabled underneath it says (i.... )
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ramirezrobert13

My first thought would be that the prefix to your halt code is actually 'i' - if that's correct:

Enter  11834641

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

With buddies like that who needs enemies? Seriously take it back and either get your money back or get the password. Otherwise how do we know the password isn't being overcome to help someone who is not supposed to have access?

HP Recommended
I know who needs enemies with so called buddies like that. .. Well here's the thing man my buddy randomly decided to move to Arizona after owing me $500.00 & before he moved last night said" he knows its not all the money he owes me but here's his laptop" when I turned it on the screen came up about the administrator password so I called to ask him & what do you know his number now disconnected! I'm so mad about this I don't know what to do.. Is there anyway you can help me please ?
HP Recommended

I just have a personal policy against helping to overcome passwords. Others here have a different view so you might get help. I think your buddy ganked that laptop realized he could not get anything for it at a pawnshop and gave it to you. And you also originally said he sold it to you and now have changed that part of your post. Hmmmmm. 

HP Recommended

In other "things that make you hmmm", the notebook was only around US$200 new if it is a Stream 11 rather than Stream 11 Pro. Stream is an ultra-budget range.

I am with @Huffer - I won't get involved in password circumvention, as I can't distinguish between an owner who has forgotten their password (legitimate) and someone trying to break into a device owned by someone else (illegal in most jurisdictions) or clear passwords from a stolen device to use it or sell it on (part of an illegal act).

I believe the answer that is encouraged in these forums for a lost Windows password is to wipe the device and reinstall using HP recovery media or Windows installation media. There are ways around a lost BIOS password on consumer notebooks as the algorithm used isn't very strong and has been broken, though I don't have access to any details. Lost BIOS passwords on business notebooks need assistance from HP Support.

HP Recommended

@ramirezrobert13

Post back with the 8 digit halt code - include the prefix which will be 'I' or 'i'.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I 86261204 is the halt code.

HP Recommended

I 86261204 is the halt code.. Thanks a lot man I really appreciate    text me back asap thank you 

HP Recommended

@ramirezrobert13

Reboot and enter  39149820

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Mmmm no that didn't work.. still said invalid password .. is there anything else ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.