Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I went thru the testing and found that Processor Check : Module Missing. Hard Drive Smart Check: Not Available Hard Drive Short DST Check: Not Available Hard Drive Optimized DST Check: FAILED.  I am wondering if I should replace the HD. I also no longer have access to Windows 10, so I would need to buy a new copy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

As long as you can do the work yourself, it would be worth it.

If your notebook has a 2.5" mechanical hard drive, you can replace it with a better performing, normally more reliable solid state drive.

Consult the service manual for your specific model notebook for the hard drive R & R procedure.

You can install W10 for free using at least one of these two methods...

On your notebook's W10 driver page if there is a link for the cloud recovery client utility, you can use that to create a bootable recovery drive.

If there isn't, you can reinstall W10 for free by using the media creation tool at the link below to create an 8 GB USB flash drive installer.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

After W10 installs, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

As long as you can do the work yourself, it would be worth it.

If your notebook has a 2.5" mechanical hard drive, you can replace it with a better performing, normally more reliable solid state drive.

Consult the service manual for your specific model notebook for the hard drive R & R procedure.

You can install W10 for free using at least one of these two methods...

On your notebook's W10 driver page if there is a link for the cloud recovery client utility, you can use that to create a bootable recovery drive.

If there isn't, you can reinstall W10 for free by using the media creation tool at the link below to create an 8 GB USB flash drive installer.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

After W10 installs, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

HP Recommended

Great Thanks for the info!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.